One of the jobs we had to do before doing the insulation was getting the collars fitted so that the ceiling in the loft could be created, and this was harder than you would think. Remember I have not done a great deal of chippy work. I started from one end of the loft, and by the time I got into the middle of the loft, I could not get the collar high enough to maintain a level did to the ridge sagging in the middle, so I had to start again and start in the middle of the loft and do it that way. It took a while to do but the collars were all in, and we could start installing the insulation.
We spent quite a long time installing 50mm of “generic” insulation in between the rafters and this is probably because the insulation was so damn expensive, and I did not want to waste a drop and in the end, Jane (my wife) took over doing the Insulating while I pottered on with some other boring task and Jane cracked on.
With the 50 mm of insulation was fitted, we then had the job of fitting the multi foil insulation, and this was quite easy to do to be fair and with the first run tacked in place, we started to put the battens in at 400 centers and it all started to take shape, and you instantly feel the benefits of the insulation.
The next step was to start stapling the second sheet of multi foil insulation, and that were quickly tacked up and after a bit of movement on the floor boards to make it easier for us to get around in the loft and bang… I disappeared pulling Jane down with me.
I had stepped backwards where there has always been a floorboard, and it was no longer there, and luckily I managed not to go all the way through, but I twisted my knew and grazed my leg nicely. I was in absolute agony. However, I decided to push on and get this side finished before we retired to the pub.
It was a painful end to the day, but it was progress and any progress is good.
Sorry there are not as many photos, but we push on a forget to get the camera out.